Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Feeling the Excitement!!

The theme of this year's marathon is "10 runners, 10 stories, 10 motivations to run". Each runner featured on the official 2010 poster is running for a specific charity. Check out their stories by clicking this awesome link.


The marathon is officially under 2 weeks away... 13 days to be exact! The city of Chicago is starting to erupt with excitement! The downtown area has a ton of 10-10-10 banners and I can't help but snap a picture every time I see one. Here are pictures of the banners on LaSalle Street:



Items on my agenda for the next 10 days:
  • buy new running shorts and a fresh pair of socks
  • test out my charity running shirt
  • buy "toss away clothes" for pre-race warm up (look out for a post about this in the near future)
  • Create a bad ass playlist
  • Find a place to eat/make reservations for a pre-race carbo load dinner
  • Map out locations for my family/friends to cheer at
  • Create a race day plan
  • Ask for more donations to reach my $600 goal for Children's Memorial Hospital (currently at $350)
  • ... and much, much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment