Friday, September 10, 2010

Charity Update!

My last post must have really hit home with folks, because I raised an additional $150 in less than 1 week! As of today, I have raised $230 for Children's Memorial Hospital.

I have specific fundraising deadlines that I must meet (as set by Children's Memorial). I must raise at least $300 by October 1. I am only $70 away from that goal and I hope to raise the money within the next two weeks (September 24). Overall, I have to raise $600 for the hospital, but I have until November 3 to do so.

I'm starting to think of some different fundraising ideas. The obvious one is a bake sale (that hopefully I can do at work). Other than that, I'm a bit stumped. It's tough to come up with creative ideas that don't cost a lot up front/out of my pocket. If you have any low cost and easy to plan fundraising ideas, please send them my way!

Here is a picture of one of several shuttle buses that Children's Memorial Hospital operates. The buses run between the main hospital and the outpatient center and are completely free for families. Parking in one of their garages is also fairly inexpensive. Parking for 24 hours (with validation) is only $5. Children's Memorial understands the financial burden most families are in when they have family in the hospital. It is so wonderful that they can offer such affordable parking for families. On average, parking in a garage in the city of Chicago can range from $15-$50. I see these shuttles on almost a daily basis and smile every time I see one.



Have you donated yet? Every penny counts and makes a huge impact in the lives of the unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment