Sunday, September 12, 2010

Counting Down

I am in love with this picture! I actually have it hanging in my office because it makes me feel like an athlete. I would love to get this in a larger print to frame, because I think it's just so bad-ass. Did you notice that the lady is made up of footprints?



Now that the marathon is less than one month away, I've started an official countdown (27 more days). Today I set out for a 16 mile run and only ran 14. As usual, it took me the first 3-4 miles to really set my pace and get comfortable (both physically and mentally) with the long run. Once I broke through the mental block, I really settled into the run. I never felt dehydrated and for the most part, I never felt physically exhausted.

In all honesty, I've only ran maybe 3 or 4 times in the past month. This is why I was shocked that I felt so good while running today. I expected to be completely exhausted. I have no idea why I felt so good, but I hope it keeps up over the next few weeks.

Around mile 11 I noticed my fingers were feeling swollen. I was a little worried about it, but I tried not to think about it. When I finished up my run, I noticed my entire left hand was swollen! It was uncomfortable to bend my fingers. I have never experienced anything like this, so when I got home I Googled it. Based on my internet search, the swelling is nothing to be concerned about. Swelling can happen for a variety of reasons; I haven't been able to pinpoint why it happened to me. Meh. I went away about 20 minutes after I finished running.

My goal for my long run next week is to hit 18 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment