Monday, May 3, 2010

Chicago Running Clubs/Groups


Last week I tried something completely new as an effort to keep my motivation high. I participated in the Niketown Run Club (located on Michigan Avenue). It was a great way to meet new people and run a different course. This time, I ran along Erie to Lake Shore Drive and then I headed north along the lake shore path. Once I got to Oak Street Beach, I turned around and headed back. This was the 3-mile run option. The Run Club also offers a 5-mile and a 7-mile path. After the run, Niketown offers FREE bagels, nutrition bars, water, and Argo Tea serves samples of their latest drink. It's not a bad deal, if I do say so myself. = )

Tonight I am going to try out a running group at Fleet Feet Chicago. This is a regular running group, as well. They offer fun runs on Mondays, Wednesdays (Ladies Night) and Saturdays. Tonight is a special run. It's called the Cinco de Ryo Goose Island Fun Run. Just like the Niketown run, you can choose to do a 3, 5 or 7-mile run. What's so special about this run is that afterwards, everyone is going to head over to a local pub and drink up FREE 312 Urban Wheat Ale. This sounds like perfect the motivation.

As a side note, I finally bought a new iPod armband. My playlists are starting to get old, so if you have any song suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate them. Also, I'm considering buying a Nike+ chip. I still need to do a little more research about the product, but I'm definitely interested.

I had a great run on Sunday morning along the lake. I was surprised at how few runners there were, but I was actually quite happy about it. I didn't have to fear of colliding with one of them (or a biker). My run on Sunday also marked one of the last times I will wear capris while running. Bye, bye pants. Hell-o shorts!



1 comment:

  1. What type of music? I could give you some of my playlists I use for working out/running/biking!...and occasionally for studying :-)

    ReplyDelete