Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 12

Yesterday I stopped by Fleet Feet to pick up some more energy chompers for both Scott and myself. Over the past few months, I've really been considering buying a running belt to keep my goodies in (i.e chompers, id, cash, etc.). More than anything, I want to be prepared for the actual marathon. I don't want any surprises, meaning I need to test things out now.

Today was my first day back at running since my August hiatus. According to my training schedule, I was supposed to run 16 miles. I tested out the belt on my morning run today and I absolutely hated it. It flops around too much and was just plain annoying. In fact, it got on my nerves so much I turned around on my run so I could drop it back off at home. I didn't want to have to deal with it for the entire run. I knew my run was going to go very well just based on the fact that it started off rocky. That's usually a good indication of a crummy run.

All in all, I ran 6 miles today. I never thought it would be so tough to get back into running after a long break, but it was. I I'm going to run the remaining 10 miles tomorrow morning when Scott goes out for his run. It's so disappointing to know that I've lost a lot of conditioning, but I can't dwell on the past. I just have to keep my head in the game and keep thinking about October 10, 2010.

I take the bus to work in the morning and yesterday I saw this poster:


Perfect motivation!

1 comment:

  1. One of my fuel belts was so annoyingly "floppy" , I chucked it (rather dramatically...!) into a corn field on one of my long runs!

    What style / brand are you using?

    ReplyDelete