Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Expo and Prep

One thing that's pretty cool about running in big time races is attending the Health & Fitness Expo days prior to the actual race. On Saturday, Scott and I took the CTA down to McCormick Place to pick up our race packets and walk around the expo. Here are some pictures that I took at the expo:



I love this picture above.
There are tons of vendors that are either selling items or showcasing their company. No matter what, there are always free samples and giveaways. I sampled some new energy fruit snacks and yes, MGD 64 beer. Yep. There was free beer.

The race started bright and early at 6:30 am, which means we had to be up at 4:15 am. My parents came in the night before so they wouldn't have to drive in at 3am that day. Here's a picture of my mom making one of FIVE signs. You heard me... FIVE signs! I may have made fun of her for it, but I really did appreciate it on race day!

After prepping our gear check bag with sandals for after the race, recovery bars and other items, I ended up going to bed at around 9:30 pm. So, how did race day turn out? You'll see in the next blog post coming momentarily!

No comments:

Post a Comment