Monday, June 7, 2010

Last Day of Sanity


Tomorrow is a very important day. Tomorrow I start my 18-week marathon training program.

I think I have every emotion possible running through my body right now. It's a very uneasy feeling. I feel frightened and nervous, yet excited and determined. Every time I think about the Saturday "long runs", I get a little sick feeling in my stomach. I know I'm just psyching myself out and that I'm being my own worst enemy, but it's really difficult not to think about the increasing mileage. I'm allowing myself a mini-freak out tonight, because starting tomorrow it's nothing but happy thoughts (or so I'll try).

Aside from the near nausea feeling, I also have waves of excitement! I feel good knowing that I'm not alone in this journey. Not only do I have the support of my husband (who is also training for his first Chicago Marathon), but I know there are thousands of other rookie marathoners in training. For those of you who are on Twitter, there are several hashtags I use to chat with other Twitter users or "tweeps". Here are some of the hashtags I use:

1. #cm10 - Chicago Marathon 2010
2. #runnerds - a group of runners (mostly from the Chicago land area)

To learn more about the use of hashtags, check out this You Tube video.

This is a popular sign that many people take pictures with at the expo before the marathon:




I, too, will have my picture taken with this sign at the expo held at McCormick Place in Chicago. I feel like it's all a part of the experience.

Here's to strong legs, happy feet and a healthy heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment