Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weeks 3 & 4

Clearly, I've been behind on my blogging.

Scott and I went to Florida for 10 days and the trip overlapped with weeks three and four of training. All I have to say is running in Florida during the month of July is not a good idea. I tried to run a quick 3 miles one morning and the heat kicked my butt. I had to stop and walk the last half because the heat stole all of my energy. I carried a water bottle with me, but it didn't seem to help. After this horrendous run, I was scared to run later on in the week. In fact, I didn't run until about 5 days later. This time, I ran right on the beach along the Gulf of Mexico (oil-free). The weather was great! It was warm, but not hot. There was a light breeze off the water and the view wasn't too shabby either. All in all, I would say it was a good run. Scott and I visited a local running store a few miles from where we were staying and I have to say, it was quite disappointing. They did not have a very large selection of running clothes and the entire experience felt very impersonal. I feel so spoiled by all the awesome running stores we have here in Chicago (such as Fleet Feet). Us Chicagoans have it lucky and we should count our blessings.



Though my training took a significant step-back during vacation, I hit the pavement hard this morning. Now that vacation is over, I'm getting back on schedule with life. I can't believe I'm already in week five of training.

Two things I will be blogging about in the very near future: fundraising efforts (or lack thereof) and the half-marathon I'm running in less than a month (that I seemed to have forgotten about...oops!).

No comments:

Post a Comment