Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome!!

Hello and thank you for visiting my marathon website.

My name is Tanya Vandermoon and I am running my first marathon race on October 10, 2010 (10-10-10). I fell into running last year after I graduated with my master's degree. I found that I have a lot of extra time on my hands and I wanted to challenge myself in a new and exciting way. On a whim, I signed up for the Chicago Half Marathon and convinced my then-fiance to run it with me. At the time I couldn't run more than a mile without getting winded, but I trained hard and finished my first half marathon race!

Keeping up with the runner's high, I signed up to run the Rock & Roll Half Marathon this year and I am really looking forward to it. Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about running the ultimate race... the Chicago Marathon. I did my research on training programs and after what seemed to be a double-dare, my husband and I both signed up to run it! We wanted to run for a charity that is close to home for both of us and chose Children's Memorial Hospital. We live in Lincoln Park and the hospital is only a few short blocks from our condo. The hospital puts children first and we couldn't be more excited to raise money for such a worthy cause.

I will be blogging about my marathon training, including the high points and the low points. Please feel free to follow my blog as I journey along on this new adventure! Thank you so much for your support!

If you would like to make a donation to the charity on my behalf, please follow this link. No donation is too small because every penny makes a difference.

-Tanya

1 comment:

  1. Tanya every time you do something amazing I say to myself "I couldn't be more proud of my sister". Then you do another amazing thing. I love that you continue to try new and exciting things, it'll make life fulfilling and interesting. You will always have my support and you made a great choice in supporting Children's Memorial Hospital. See you at the race.

    Love you always.
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete